17 Dec How to make Zuccran Bread
Get into the holiday spirit with our Zuccran Bread Recipe: a colorful recipe that’s sure to sweeten your day! Serve and share this recipe with friends at festivities or split a piece with family at home!
Zuccran Bread Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup vegetable oil (OR 1 stick unsalted butter)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain/Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (this is approximately 1 medium zucchini)
- The consistency should be similar to mashed bananas to ensure that the bread is moist enough
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs well. Then, add the vegetable oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. After mixing well, add in the shredded zucchini and stir well.
- Gradually add the dry (flour) mixture into the wet (zucchini) mixture.
- Pour batter into the greased pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center to ensure the bread has fully baked.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
If you want to add a sweeter touch to the bread, look no further than this lemon glaze! The combination of the lemon juice, zucchini, pistachios, and cranberries creates a variety of flavor and texture. If pistachios aren’t your style, use walnuts or almonds!
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (OR lime juice)
- 1 tsp milk of choice
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped & without shells
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bread, add pistachios on top, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Zuccran Bread Nutritional Information
Calories: 2792.8; Carbohydrate: 379.5 g; Fat: 127.3 g; Protein: 36.3 g
Calories: 279.3; Carbohydrate: 38.0 g; Fat: 12.7 g; Protein: 3.6 g