03 Sep Sweet & Spicy Summer Salad
Summer Salad Recipe
A simple but delicious salad packed with flavor and color. Satiate your mango cravings by mixing it with veggies and spice! High in vitamin C, this recipe will give your salad a sweet and spicy twist! Serves 6
- 1 mango — peeled, pitted, either thin slices or diced
- ½ cup whole corn kernels
- 1 medium cucumber or 2 small (Persian) cucumber, cut into quarters from a slice
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (approx ½ cup pre shredded carrots)
- 3 cups shredded cabbage OR pre-cut coleslaw mix
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
(Optional) Garnish Ingredients
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds
- Cut cucumbers into quarters.
- Peel and pit mango. Dice or cut into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Toss with tongs or a fork to combine.
- Drizzle dressing on top and garnish if desired!
Calories: 961.75; Carbohydrate: 125.35 g; Fat: 52.2 g; Protein: 19.5 g
Calories per serving: 160.29; Carbohydrate: 20.89 g; Fat: 8.7 g; Protein: 3.25 g