23 May Let’s Hear It for the Sweet Potatoes
French Fries. Roasted Potatoes. Baked Potatoes. Mashed Potatoes. There are so many ways you can make sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes are delicious and nutritious. High in vitamins A and C and minerals, potassium, fiber, and phosphorus. Let’s check out some fun sweet potato recipes:
Sweet-Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp packed light brown sugar
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat sweet potatoes evenly
- Spread sweet potatoes out on a large baking sheet
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir and bake another 15 to 20 minutes
Roasted Parmesan Herb Sweet Potatoes
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a large baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Add diced potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes in an even layer onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 32-34 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from over and let cool for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately
by Nidhi Pradhan
Want to know more about your family’s nutrition needs and how to meet them? Check out the Family Nutrition Workbook:
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.