11 Feb Practice Self Love For Valentines Day
February is the month of love, Almost always, it’s to those that are closest and dear to us. At Eat 2 Perform, we’re challenging you to change that up! We believe that if you don’t love yourself, it’s difficult to deeply love others.
Love is defined as a warm attachment, enthusiasm or devotion. Client’s who struggle with eating healthy and weight management, struggle with showing love to themselves. They lack a warm attachment to themselves, in fact they’re consistently beating themselves up and have negative self talk. They lack enthusiasm to try new things. What they’ve been doing hasn’t been working but have a hard time changing things up. Lastly, it’s challenging to be devoted to a healthy lifestyle that works for them. They’re devoted to helping others but they are very low on the priority list.
So this February, we challenge you to LOVE YOU FIRST. If you love you first, you will be successful with whatever health and performance goals you have. What does loving yourself look like?
- Make an appointment with yourself six days a week to move.
- Take time to plan healthy meals and purchase the food so you have it in your environment. Even if this means eating healthy foods out.
- Be still once a day for as long as you can.
- Take deep breaths.
- Use food to nourish yourself not to reward yourself.
- Everyday say one thing that you love about yourself.
- Pamper you! Whether that means making time for a great workout, a mani/pedi, a good book, a massage, creating a new playlist or having out with a friend. Do something that fills your bucket.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Volunteer or do work that YOU love.