22 Apr How To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle From The Inside Out
Our mind and body are connected in fascinating ways. Have you ever experienced an upset stomach on the same day as a big meeting or event? It’s the body’s way of responding to stress. The connection is also valuable for inner health.
There is a correlation between what you eat and how you feel. Nutrition is essential not only for life, but for a healthy life.
Here are the right things to feed your body that will leave you feeling great:
1. Cantaloupe and Mango – These sweet summer fruits are loaded with nutrients benefiting skin. They contain vitamin A, important for the growth of new cells keeping skin looking young and healthy. They also contain vitamin C, an important antioxidant essential to collagen. Collagen is a protein that provides elasticity, and thus tightness, to the skin. Make a fruit salad for a delicious, skin-benefiting treat!
2. Leafy green vegetables – Greens, like kale, swiss chard, and collards are touted for their fiber, folate, iron, and calcium. But did you know the vitamin K they contain can reduce visible veins? Varicose veins are caused by weakened valves causing blood to collect and veins to weaken.1 Vitamin K is important for vascular health and normal blood clotting.
3. Nuts and Seeds – These ballgame-friendly snacks are also friendly to skin tissue! The vitamin E in nuts and seeds (like sunflower seeds) is a powerful antioxidant that combats free radicals damaging tissue. Fighting free radicals keeps skin looking young and radiant.
4. Seafood – Seafood benefits skin with its protein and healthy fat. However its high dose of zinc makes it especially unique. Seafood has more zinc than any other food. This mineral is necessary for hair follicle health, skin cell turnover, and healthy mucous membranes—providing protection to the mouth, nose, and eyelids among other things.
5. Water! – This important liquid is significant to glowing from the inside out. Health professionals often mention drinking water as an important habit for maintaining bright and radiant skin. Like other organs needing water, your skin is an organ that needs water to be as healthy as possible.
6. Vitamin C – No need to fall into a citrus and berry rut to get in your Vitamin C. Purple cabbage yields a good amount of Vitamin C and adds a striking color to this smoothie. Because Vitamin C improves cell growth, a diet high in Vitamin C may result in fewer skin wrinkles.
Find a breathing technique that works for you. Counting breaths, in and out, draws attention away from the stressor and focuses your mind on the present. It can be different for everyone. Some people close their eyes. Some sit cross-legged. Some exhale with the mouth open. Find what centers you and makes you comfortable. Encourage others. Another way to draw attention away from a stressor is to focus on someone else. Boosting someone’s confidence or helping them with a problem will in turn, build your confidence and give you more strength.
When we feel confident and radiant on the inside, it shines through to those around us. By feeding our body with nourishing food, encouragement, and kindness, we can reduce stress, improve energy, and glow from within!